Wednesday, September 22, 2010

30 Days...

Think back over the course of your life. Think about all the people that have done you wrong and all the bridges you may have burned because of hurt feelings and relationships gone bad.

Yeah, take a few HOURS here to think back on all of them.

Fact is, we all have them. Even if we would consider ourselves a forgiving person, we have torched a few bridges along the course of our life. But that's not exactly a healthy or even scriptural way to live. It's something that has been heavy on my mind for the last several days.

Why is "forgiveness" so important. It's a question that I really wish I knew the answer to. That's right, I don't know. I understand it's not your typical blog post. No one posts a deep question like that and just leaves you hanging with sense of closure. But I'm man enough to say "I Don't Know".

But it's not all for nothing. Today I stand to issue a challenge to everyone reading this post. 30 Days. Take the next 30 days to reflect on forgiveness, reconciliation, re-building those bridges you tore down. For some, you will find that you lost friendships over nothing. For others of you will very vividly remember why you parted ways. But no matter what direction you go, make it a point to find peace with it in your heart.  You don't have to like the person, just forgive.



Don't believe me? Check it out  - Col. 3:13


Dream Big,
Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment