Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Techno Geek...

If you know me, you understand that I am a tech guy. I despise paper and pens, little calendar books are not for me. It's nearly impossible for me to go a day without my macbook and iphone, and trust me, if I wasn't worried about life after our wedding, I would be typing this blog on an ipad.

It never ceases to amaze me the advances of technology. The things that we use everyday such as that phone in your pocket, we tend to take for granted. Just go back in time as little as 10 years ago, there was no such thing as Facebook, YouTube, or iTunes.

Yeah.

There was no iPhone, Blackberry, or 3G. The most impressive thing on a cell phone was "Snake".

HD wasn't even a thought, no one had ever heard of Netflix. We didn't know what an Xbox or Wii was. Cars didn't have backup rearview cameras, ipod connectivity (not to mention ipods), or build in navigation.

The point of the story kiddos, is that we are living in the biggest innovative boom since the lightbulb was featured on engadget.com... (for those of you who don't understand humor, that was a joke). We are a society that lives, eats, and breathes technology. It literally engulfs everything we do. From our entertainment, business, and everything in between.

So next time you search the Urban Spoon app on your iphone to figure out where to go eat dinner (in the town you've lived in your entire life) just remember the "olden days" of the 1990's. You could have to actually think about it.


Dream Big,
Craig Woodson

No comments:

Post a Comment