Wednesday, August 18, 2010

That thing we have...

I don't know what it is. That burning desire inside each of us that fuels our hopes, dreams, and aspirations. You know what I'm talking about, that little machine hidden away behind our sternum that makes your heart beat faster and faster as you start thinking about that thing you love.

It's that feeling that I get everytime I pick up the phone to do an interview with someone like "Switchfoot" or when I'm about to step on stage and belt it out in front of a couple thousand people. It's that feeling that I'm sure to feel in a few months right before I say those 2 words that changes every guys life... "I Do".

It's that nervous energy, or at least that's what they call it. It's a seriously powerful feeling. One moment you think that your heart is going to jump right out of your chest, the next you feel like you could take on the world.

I'm one of those guys who like to think that it's God's way of telling me that I'm on the right track. Like a "metal detector" if you will. As I get closer and closer to where I'm suppose to be, the old ticker lights up and the butterflies come out telling me "that a way kiddo!"

But as with most metal detectors, once the ole indicator goes off, you have to dig. You have to go through plenty of nasty, filthy, dirt to get to that real thing you want. You may not enjoy the work it takes to get to it, but the pay-off is usually worth it.

So my advice to you today friends, follow your heart/dream detector. Then dig. It might take a while to get through the dirt, but in the end... it's worth it.


Dream Big,
Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment